Tuesday 28 June 2011

Break Away

I went to my first music festival last week.
About two months ago my boyfriend offered me a ticket to Glastonbury festival to go with him and some friends, including Little Miss DJ, who did an amazing set at Cubehenge on Friday morning.)
the festival at sunset
I had a pretty incredible week. As a girl who steers clear of any kind of camping I was definitely out of my comfort zone - particularly since we arrived a few days early to get a good tent space.Yes, there was rain. Rain, mud, cold, damp sleeping bags. It started off pretty horrendous. But all the while I heard testimonials of how amazing the festival would be - how it was like a city with all the people and lights and sounds. I explored the healing fields and the park, I discovered new people and places.... And then the music started. Wow. Its amazing how everything sort of came to life. I kept thinking how it was like a different world, no computers, no phones, just interesting people and live music. I witnessed a spontaneous lesbian wedding, I danced in front of a mechanical rave spider. I got rained on, and it was good.

6. Break Away

"Break Away" by Jess Milton
I suppose the idea of having a 'break away' from home is pretty applicable here. But this picture, to me, is more about breaking away from the norm - breaking away from reality for a few days. I went to another world, and when I came back it was a little daunting. I came home, I had a bath... I watched TV. I called people on the phone. I checked Facebook. It all seemed so odd - these things I thought I couldn't live without, and yet an hour after being home they already seemed like they were wasting my time. I left my heart in Glasto, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment