Wednesday 15 June 2011

Seeking Solace

Today I moved out of halls. It's been an interesting experience, highs, lows, ants, mice. It's quite a comforting thing to hear people fiddling about in the rooms near you - reminds you that you're alive.
Anyway, my tenancy ended, and I've moved into my dad's work-flat. (I always saw it as his bachelor pad.) Despite him being there a couple of days a week, I'm pretty much going to be living here alone. But comfort! I sleep on a sofa, but damn is it a nice sofa.

Well thats what picture number 5 is about anyway - 'seeking solace.' Comfort, security, an escape from misery or disappointment. I saw it more as seeking shelter, in both a physical and emotional way. I think the cat in this picture would be a lot cheerier if the title was 'solace,' but unfortunately he's still in the 'seeking' phase. Shame.

5. Seeking Solace

"Seeking Solace" by Jess Milton
I really struggled with this one, I have to say. I tried Cinderella, hitchhikers, overdressed girls looking lost... I even tried to cheat with a really dull, melancholy close-up. Thats why this post is a little 'delayed.' However, I tried to channel my inner alley cat and came up with something a little scruffier than usual. 

Below are a couple of my first attempts. I mean the first one - a Cinderella seeking solace I can kind of get. But the second one? What's all that about!? I have no idea what that has to do with anything. I put it down to desperation - my brain tossed me a naked chick with a pixie cut.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment