Friday 29 July 2011

Heaven

I went to Cannes for two weeks with my family and some friends a while ago. After I got back from Glastonbury, I was fairly sure I could do with some cleansing sun, sea and relaxation. It was pretty special; a beautiful villa in the hills of Theole Sur Mer, great food, good company. I had an incredible time; watching thunderstorms from the pool, dancing to Plastic Bertrand, chasing fish in the sea.
I missed the mud.
I'm serious. I was sunbathing on the first day, listening to my ipod and one of the songs from the Chemical Brothers' set at Glasto came on. I shut my eyes and I wanted to be back there so badly - slipping around in some ridiculously sticky mud and god knows what, head-bopping to some of the best live bands I've ever seen.
I can't help it. I guess Glastonbury touched me a little more than Cannes. Bad for the body, great for the soul.

7. Heaven

7. Heaven by Jess Milton


This picture is based on my favourite song from the Festival - 'Swoon' by the Chemical Brothers. The light show was really moving for me at the time - silhouettes of people running and moving to the music made out of light. I feel like I really understood during that song why everyone loves festivals so much and why they keep coming back year after year.
The colours are based on the ribbon tower they put up in The Park at Glasto - I have some pictures of it left over from the last day when the sun was going down, and everything looked exactly as I'd imagined it.
Big love for Glasto. <3

1 comment: