Thursday 9 June 2011

Dark

Watched 'Tangled' for the first time yesterday. Not as pleasantly surprised with the plot as I thought I'd be, but wow. They got the look of that film just right. As soon as I heard they'd be using Fragonard as inspiration I knew it was going to be gorgeous, but that hair! Incredible. So the hair in my 'Dark' picture is a little inspired by the shininess of Rapunzel's. I do maintain that she would have no problem with boredom if her mother would just give her a set of GHDs for her damn birthday though.


4. Dark:

"Dark" by Jess Milton

Yes, this seems a little obvious as a choice of subject matter but I figured - where's the darkest place on Earth? Under the sea, obvs. So here's a little mermaid - deep deep deep under the sea.
As far as composition goes this one's pretty simple but I think I needed the painting practice.
I'm finding all the themes quite challenging actually, but I think they're doing the job! I'm really starting to push myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment